The Collaborative Law Group, March 2004 - November 2009
• Handled domestic matters including Divorce, Custody, Child Support, Protective Order Applications,
Handled Estate and Guardianship matters, Civil Litigation, Personal Injury and Criminal matters
in all stages of litigation with frequent Court appearances
• Handled numerous Estate matters
• Handled numerous Domestic matters outside of the traditional Court process to include
Collaborative Law and Mediation
• Routinely established and prepared estate plans, Drafted Advance Directives, Powers of Attorney, Wills, etc.
Law Offices Of Arthur L. Drager, January 2002 - March 2004
• Practiced in the fields of Estate, Guardianship, Medical Assistance planning, Civil and Family matters
• Acted as Court Appointed Counsel in numerous Guardianship matters
• Emphasis on Elder Law and Civil Litigation including frequent Court appearances and trials
Alisa B. Kobrinetz, P.A., January 2000 - December 2001
• Practiced in Fields of Medical Assistance Planning, Collection, Civil Litigation, Guardianship
and Involuntary Discharge matters. Numerous Court appearances in both the Circuit and
District Courts in multiple jurisdictions.
Baltimore City Department of Social Services, August 1997- May 1998
Legal Officer, January 1999 - January 2000
• As Legal Officer prepared child abuse and neglect cases for trial in Baltimore City Juvenile Court;
assisted in trial of cases as Second Chair
• As Staff Attorney gained experience in representing the agency at numerous Hearings, Settlements
and Trials in the Juvenile Court for Baltimore City to include Shelter Care, Adjudication, Disposition,
Permanency Planning, and Termination of Parental Rights Hearings. Managed large caseload.
Legal Aid Bureau, May 1998 - January 1999
• Met with and represented children in Hearings, Settlements, and Trials in Child Abuse and Neglect
matters in the Juvenile Court for Baltimore City. Managed significant caseload.
Circuit Court for Baltimore City, August 1995 - September 1996
Law Clerk to General Master Susan M. Marzetta
• Assisted the General Equity Master in review of all civil equity matters to include Ex parte Injunctions,
Guardianships, Mechanics Liens, Tax sale matters, Foreclosures, Title 13 Matters, Request for
Change of Name and numerous other civil equity matters.
Admitted to Maryland Bar, December 12, 1995
University of Baltimore School of Law, August 1992 - May 1995
Saint Joseph’s University, August 1988 - May 1992
Bachelor Of Arts, Cum Laude
Two-Day Core Collaborative Law Training, September 2006
Advanced Collaborative Team Training, October 2007
40 Hours Basic Mediation Training, April 2008
20 Hours Marital Property Mediation Training, November 2008
20 Hours Child Access Mediation Training, December 2008
Howard County Collaborative Professionals:
Board of Directors, 2010-11; Secretary 2011-12; Vice President 2012-13; President 2013-14; Past President 2014-16
Maryland Collaborative Practice Council: Treasurer, 2012-13
Maryland State Bar Association
Howard County Bar Association
Howard County Collaborative Professionals
International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
Available upon request.
BERGER & BURNS, LLC
Conveniently located across the street from the Howard County Circuit Court
3701 Court House Drive, Ellicott City, Maryland 21043 (Get Directions)
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Evening & weekend hours available by Appointment
(c) 2017 Berger & Burns, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Website designed by Proactive Resources Inc.